01/09/2022: I moved as a research group leader to the Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems in Dresden, Germany.
You can learn about our recent research on our new website. This website is no longer maintained.
- 29/07/2022: Congratulations to Hristo Tonchev on the successful defense of his bachelor thesis!
A Matrix Product State Study of Quantum Spin Chains
- 01/07/2022: New preprint in colalboration with the Ajoy lab at UC Berkeley on “Continuously tracked, stable, large excursion trajectories of dipolar coupled nuclear spins”; open-access manuscript is available here: arXiv:2206.14945.
- 30/06/2022: Our paper arXiv:2201.11790, entitled “Monte Carlo Tree Search based Hybrid Optimization of Variational Quantum Circuits” with the groups of Prof. Lin at the UC Berkeley math department and Prof. Ying at the Stanford math departments has been accepted for presentation at the conference of Mathematical and Scientific Machine Learning (MSML22) after successful peer review.
- 05/04/2022: New preprint with research groups from Berkeley and Stanford math departments on Monte Carlo Tree Search based Hybrid Optimization of Variational Quantum Circuits is available here: arXiv:2203.16707.
- 21/01/2022: Our most recent preprint with F. Metz about teaching an AI agent to control quantum many-body systems and correct (its) mistakes on-the-fly, using tensor-network-based deep learning architectures, is available here: arXiv:2201.11790.
- 15/01/2022: Check out the results of our collaboration with Ashok Ajoy’s lab at UC Berkeley on the observation of discrete time crystals using two-step Floquet engineereing.
- 05/10/2021: Our research now featured in a Lawrence Berkeley National Lab press release: “Deep Learning Tactics Speed Quantum Simulations”.
- 10/07/2021: Our paper “Reinforcement Learning for Many-Body Ground State Preparation inspired by Counter-Diabatic Driving” is now published in Physical Review X.
- 17/06/2021: Our paper with Markus Schmitt and Maxime Dupont was published in Scipost Physics: SciPost Phys. 10, 147 (2021).
- 01/06/2021: Friederike Metz from Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology joins the group as a visiting PhD student; she will work remotely on reinforcement learning to control quantum many-body sytems using matrix product states.
- 20/05/2021: Georgi Alexandrov wins gold medal at the national mathematics university olympiad: read more here (in Bulgarian).
- 26/04/2021: Two papers in collaboration with Christoph Fleckenstein published in Physical Review B: Phys. Rev. B 103, L140302, and Phys. Rev. B 103, 144307.
- 31/03/2021: Our paper “Noise-Robust End-to-End Quantum Control using Deep Autoregressive Policy Networks” is accepted in Proceedings of Machine Learning Research (to appear in August).
- 01/03/2021: new master students: Pavel Tashev and Stefan Petrov will work on reinforcement learning to disentangle quantum states
- 01/12/2020: new bachelor student: Hristo Tonchev will work on matrix-product states for simulation of quantum many-body systems.
- 15/11/2020: Marin Bukov receives “highly commended” International Quantum Technology Emerging Researcher 2020 Award by IOP Publishing.
- 15/09/2020: new bachelor student: Georgi Aleksandrov will work on reinforcement learning to control chaotic classical systems.